Oxford Street is brimming with excitement as we gear up for King Charles III’s Coronation! From regal installations to quintessential British rituals, there’s so much to see, shop, drink, eat and celebrate over the bank holiday weekend from 6 to 8 May. Read on for the many ways to get your royal on, right in the heart of the city.
1. Explore the A-Z of Oxford Street Royalty
Ready to conquer the Oxford Street kingdom? Look no further, for we’ve got the ultimate guide to everything regal. Fancy a bit of pampering? Find in-store prosecco bars and hidden salons to get you Coronation-ready. Feeling a bit peckish? Discover new menus and afternoon teas that will have your taste buds feeling like they’re on a royal tour. Oxford Street will be filled with surprises and delights all weekend long, each one more exciting than the last. It’s a Coronation celebration that you won’t want to miss and we’ve got the map to lead you through it.
2. Create your own iconic style
- Suit up in some seriously sharp threads at Moss! Whether you want to feel like a distinguished gentleman in plush flannel separates or fancy yourself a dapper duke in a classic tweed three-piece, Moss has everything you need to reign supreme at any regal occasion.
- Looking for summer occasionwear fit for royalty? Strut into BOSS to shop the new collection in-store. Trust us, you’ll feel like a king (or queen!) in these stylish ensembles.
- What better way to top off your wardrobe than with some sparkle? Adorn youself with all the jewels from Pandora, Swarovski and H. Samuel.
3. Take part in a quintessential British ritual
- Just launched at the M&S Café on Oxford Street is their brand new afternoon tea for two. Picture this: a luxurious selection of sandwiches, all-butter scones with Cornish clotted cream and fresh strawberries, a mini chocolate cupcake with buttercream, French macarons, a cinnamon Palmier biscuit and a steaming cup of tea. All for the outrageously reasonable price of just £12.50 per person! And if you’re feeling fancy, why not add a mini bottle of prosecco for just a fiver?
- For an afternoon tea experience with a Mediterranean twist, check out Bond St. Tea Rooms. They’ve got Italian cicchetti, delectable finger sandwiches, homemade scones, and a mouth-watering array of desserts that’ll have you feeling like you’re lounging on the Amalfi Coast. And of course, it wouldn’t be complete without plenty of tea and Champagne.
- Fan of the classic? Head over to Huffkins inside John Lewis & Partners and choose between a traditional afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, warm scones, clotted cream, preserves and a handmade cake selection, or the Celebration Afternoon Tea with your choice of Prosecco or gin and tonic. Decisions, decisions!
4. Celebrate with a royal tipple
- Step into Bond St. Lounge Bar and indulge in the regal pre-dinner cocktail of choice: the classic martini, favoured by none other than King Charles III himself. This elegant establishment offers up flavours fit for a monarch, so you know you’re in for a treat.
- Raise a glass to His Majesty with a Coronation-inspired cocktail from Aqua Kyoto‘s rooftop terrace. With warmer weather on the horizon, it’s the perfect spot to take in the sights and sounds of London.
- For a modern twist on the King’s beloved tipple, swing by Berners Tavern and try their Burnt Martini before diving into some of the best seasonal, contemporary British cuisine around.
5. Get the royal treatment
Calling all beauty buffs and wellness warriors! In the mood for a quick pamper session or indulgent spa day? Well, we’ve got the best experiences for you. From hidden gems to well-known hotspots, there’s no shortage of top-notch beauty and wellness options to leave you feeling fabulous. So go ahead, book that facial, massage, or mani-pedi and get ready to feel like the royalty you are.
6. Soak up the festive atmosphere
Oxford Street is about to turn into a royal extravaganza with dozens of Union Jack flags and regal pop up installations providing the perfect backdrop for your photo moment. So, grab your entourage and hit the town to join in on the festivities. Don’t miss out on your chance to witness history in the making!
Ready to make the bank holiday weekend one for the history books? Tag your images @oxfordstreetw1. See you there!