Terms & Conditions
Oxford Street Christmas Hero Nomination – Terms and Conditions
Open to United Kingdom residents aged 12 or over only, except employees of New West End Company, or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
The competition closes at midnight on December 22, 2020 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries received after the Closing Date will be void.
One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
To enter the competition and nominate your 2020 Hero you must complete the nomination form via our website www.oxfordstreet.co.uk/chrsitmaslights2020
Entrants must submit up to 400 words on “Why you are nominating this individual as your unsung hero of 2020” before the closing date. Entries must not exceed 400 words.
- Nominated hero’s name to feature in Oxford Street 2020 Christmas Lighting scheme for a full week (Monday to Monday).
- £500 voucher for the nominated hero to spend at one Oxford Street retailer. The chosen retailer to be selected by the nominated hero.
Prize Specific Conditions
- This prize is non transferable or refundable
- New West End Company to work with the winner to choose and receive a £500 voucher for the selected retailer
- Once the chosen retailer has been confirmed, it is not possible to change to an alternative
- The prize total will be at the value of £500, no alternative cash-prizes are available
New West End Company reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion.
The Prize Winner ‘Nominated Hero’ will be chosen:
- Each week, for a total of eight weeks, one nominated hero will be selected at random for their name to feature in the Oxford Street Christmas Lights for the duration of one full week per winner.
- The one week will commence for 7 days from Monday.
- The prize winner ‘Nominated Hero’ and entrant will be notified by email and telephone on a Wednesday for them to accept and redeem the prize in accordance to these terms and conditions.
- The prize winner ‘nominated hero’ must confirm receipt of their prize within 24 hours of win acknowledgment – deadline of Thursday. In the event that the nominated hero does not claim their prize within 24 hours of notification and/or is unable to accept the prize, another winner will be selected at random.
- For the duration of this competition, a total of eight nominated heroes will be selected and receive their prize of having their name in lights on the following dates:
|Winner selected and notified||Name in light from||Name in lights until|
|First Winner||Wednesday 4th November||Monday 9th November||Sunday 15th November|
|Second Winner||Wednesday 11th November||Monday 16th November||Sunday 22nd November|
|Third Winner||Wednesday 18th November||Monday 23rd November||Sunday 29thNovember|
|Fourth Winner||Wednesday 25th November||Monday 30th November||Sunday 6th December|
|Fifth Winner||Wednesday 2nd December||Monday 7th December||Sunday 13th December|
|Sixth Winner||Wednesday 9th December||Monday 14th December||Sunday 20th December|
|Seventh Winner||Wednesday 16th December||Monday 21st December||Sunday 27th December|
|Eighth Winner||Wednesday 23rd December||Monday 28th December||Sunday 3rd January|
- All successful and unsuccessful entrants’ details and that of their nominated hero will only be retained until the closure of the competition.
- All successful entrants and their nominated hero’s data will be retained inline with the removal of the Oxford Street Christmas Lights scheme and closure of the hero’s campaign on Monday 4th
- The Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and imagery in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal details relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
*GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if entry is online or by email.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions.
- Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry.
- Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote and may disqualify the recipient of the vote.
- The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable, and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
This website has been compiled by New West End Company. New West End Company will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage of whatever nature arising in any way out of the use of, or inability to use, this site, or from any error or omission in information contained in the site.
While every care is taken to ensure that the information displayed on this site is correct, no warranty or representation is given as to its quality, accuracy or completeness. In particular job vacancies, sales information and store and product data.
Any links to other websites provided by this website have been included for convenience only and New West End Company accept no responsibility nor liability for the contents of any linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by New West End Company of any linked website or its provider.
Copyright in the content of the site and any Oxford Street marks logos and brands contained in the site belongs to New West End Company or its licensor. Users are permitted to download and store (on a temporary basis) any of the contents of this site provided this is solely to view such contents using a personal computer. Users are forbidden to permanently copy or store or in any way redistribute the contents of this site. The access, downloading and/or use by any person of the contents of this site or anything available from this site is entirely at the user’s own risk.
These terms shall be governed by English law. Nothing in these terms shall exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.