Terms & Conditions
We are delighted to welcome you to www.oxfordstreet.co.uk (“our Website”)!
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) set out the rules for using our Website. Please read them carefully before using it. Your attention is particularly drawn to the limitation of our liability at clause 11 below.
- Who we are and how to contact us
This Website is brought to you by The New West End Company PLC (referred to in these Terms as “we”, “us”, “our”, and “New West End”). We are incorporated in England and Wales (company number 04039488) and our registered office is at Heddon House, Regent Street, London, England, W1B 4JD. Our VAT number is 795 9468 47.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms or anything else, you can contact us by post using the address above, though the most efficient way to get in touch with us would be to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By using our Website you accept these Terms
By using our Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms, then, unfortunately, you must refrain from using our Website (and we will be very sad to see you go!).
We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference. If you participate in any competitions, then such competitions will be governed by separate terms and conditions in addition to these Terms, and, where there is any conflict between these Terms and the individual terms of the competition, the competition terms shall apply.
- We may make changes to these Terms
Please note that we amend these Terms from time to time. Therefore, we recommend that you check the Terms each time you wish to use our Website to ensure you understand the Terms that apply at that time.
- We make changes to our Website
Please note that we update and change the content our Website on a regular basis. This is because we want to ensure that the content we make available to you is fresh, exciting and relevant!
- We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal on the Website.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We reserve the right to transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
- How you may use material on our Website
We are and will remain the owner of all intellectual property rights which subsist in the Website and its content, including all information, data, text, maps, graphics, the “look and feel”, all trade marks and logos, images, video clips, sound clips, editorial content, notices, data compilations, page layout, and the underlying code and software in the Website, all aggregated data generated by the Website and all other intellectual property rights. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use.
You must not use the Website for any public display (commercial or non-commercial).
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged.
You are not permitted to use the Website, its underlying computer programs, databases, functions or its content other than for private, non-commercial purposes. Use of any automated system or software, directly operated by you or by any third party, to extract any data from the Website for commercial purposes, i.e. screen scraping, is strictly prohibited. You must not attempt to decompile or reverse engineer the Website and its underlying computer programs in any way.
If you print off, use, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Information on our Website
We love providing you with information about Oxford Street, and all it has to offer! However, whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on our website is correct and accurate, we do not make any guarantee that it is or that it is complete or up to date. It is for general information only.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Nothing in these Terms will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under any applicable laws; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable laws.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this clause 11 and elsewhere in these Terms are subject to (a) to (d) above and govern all liabilities arising under these Terms or relating to the subject matter of these Terms, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
This Website is provided free of charge, and it provides information only. We provide no products or services. On this basis, subject to (a) to (d) above, we (and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors ) shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage whatsoever which you or any such third party may suffer (including direct, special, indirect, and / or consequential losses), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms. This includes for the avoidance of doubt:
- any loss of profits or anticipated savings;
- any loss of revenue or income;
- any loss of use or production;
- any loss of business, contracts or opportunities.
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our Website
Our Website must not be framed or “mirrored” on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website without our prior written consent.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website, please contact email@example.com
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
These Terms were last updated on: 22/03/2021.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Oxford Street Instagram Competition April 2021:
- The prize promoters of this competition are: THE NEW WEST END COMPANY LTD – Registered in England No. 4039488 –
Registered Office: Heddon house, 3rd Floor, 149-151 Regent Street, London W1B 4JD (“New West End Company”)
- To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom and be 18 years old or over. You must not be an employee, an agent or a director of New West End Company, their associated companies or subsidiaries or any advertising agency or web company connected with New West End Company or any member of any such person’s family. New West End Company reserves the right to verify the legibility of applications.
- By entering this competition, applicants accept the following terms and in order to qualify for the prize, your entry must be received by the closing date stated in the competition details. Incomplete entries or those not received by the above deadline will be disqualified. Details may be used for marketing purposes by New West End Company.
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you in your application is true.
- The competition opens on Monday 16th April 2021 and closes at 11.59pm on Sunday 25th April 2021.
- The Prize Draw is for the chance to win a one-year Spotify Premium Account and a voucher to spend on Oxford Street. The spend will be provided in vouchers for your chosen store.
- There will be five winners. The winner will be chosen at random by a dedicated NWEC employee. The winner will be chosen on Monday 26th April 2021.
- Entrants must enter the Prize Draw themselves and not on behalf of anyone else. Joint submissions are not permitted.
- The winner must provide their full name and email address in order to redeem the prize.
- The winner will be contacted via their entered Instagram account. The winner will have 5 working days to reply, if no reply is received another winner will be chosen at random and notified. This process will be continued until a winner has confirmed receipt.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative.
- New West End Company reserves the right to (i) cancel Prize Draw, (ii) refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend the terms and conditions.
- By entering this prize draw all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions.