The safety of all those that visit, live and work in our community is our priority.
Shops and hospitality businesses are reopening
Following the latest Government advice, non-essential retail and outdoor areas of hospitality businesses will reopen on 12th April. All our businesses have been working hard to ensure their stores and outdoor eating areas are ready and safe to welcome you back. Each store, restaurant or café may have different guidelines in place, so please read their signs on arrival to ensure you stay safe.
When entering our businesses, please be aware:
- Hand sanitisers will be available on entry and exit
- There may be limited entry or queues in place to manage the number of people indoors
- All staff and visitors are required to wear face coverings indoors, unless you are exempt
- Product testers may be unavailable
- Use of changing rooms may be limited so that additional cleaning can take place and for social distancing
- Use of toilets may be limited so that additional cleaning can take place and for social distancing
- Maintain social distancing inside, particularly when queuing at the till points
- Businesses may leave their doors open to provide extra ventilation
- Table service will be provided at restaurants
On the street
When you visit, you may notice that we’ve made some changes to the street. There will be wider pavements and more planting and seating to ensure you have enough space and have plenty of places to have a rest when you need to. Oxford Street’s team of cleaners will be on the street daily ensuring the street and high touch areas are regularly cleansed.
Services on the street include:
- Hand sanitiser stations
- Bicycle parking
- Taxi ranks
- Public toilets
For a map of all our services scan this QR code – you’ll also find this on the street.
Due to an increase in street robbery, the Metropolitan Police are encouraging people to be careful when they use their mobile phones in public. Ensure you stay safe while visiting Oxford Street:
- Stay aware of your surroundings and pay attention to who’s around you
- Keep valuables such as mobile phones, watches and cash out of sight
- Plan your route home
We can’t wait to see you again!