Sun: 12:00 - 22:00
Mon: 12:00 - 22:30
Tues: 12:00 - 22:30
Wed: 12:00 - 22:30
Thurs: 12:00 - 22:30
Fri: 12:00 - 23:00
Sat: 12:00 - 23:00
Nearest StationOxford Circus
020 7907 7760
Burger & Lobster was founded in 2011 with the idea of going back to basics of a restaurant culture where craftsman offered only a few items that they were known for. The Burger & Lobster craftsmanship is exactly that. The Burger is made with highest quality natural beef and the Lobster is sustainable live lobster. Each dish is one price surrounded with good people and good energy.This forward thinking idea, was accepted by people that loved the affordable luxury of a lobster combined with a high-end Burger and the irony of combining two opposite ingredients and making them equal.
- Quiet Thursday Lunch time, with less than 10 people in the restaurant.
- The food took over 40 minutes to arrive.
- the staff was chatting with one another so no one served us.
- In the end I had to walk to the waiter and ask him for the bill.
- Impatiently, the (bald) waiter charged my card for the whole meal as he assumed I am the male, so I had to get the bill.
- I told him my (female) friend and I would like to split the bill, the waiter said "oh yeah, I know in modern relationship the girl pays too", whilst in fact my friend and I both have our partners.
- if you want lobster, either you get a super small 1.25lbs for £27 or 1.1kg for £50. The burger tasted banal and the meat was cold.
Summary: Generally I do like Burger & Lobster, and I have been to quite a few good one. But this branch is bad. Service is appalling. Food is not great.
Perhaps being right in the middle of central gives them the privilege, so they don't care about customer service at all.
Lobster is very good and you can have it either boiled or grilled or if you can't decide you can ask for it half and half. The sauce is also delicious. The last time I went the burger was not very good, the patty was too dense and the bun soggy. There was only one lady serving, not sure what the other waiters in our section were doing, in particular one stood in a corner wiping glasses and ignored us several times. It's a Shane their Holborn branch closed it was a nice restaurant and the people were lovely.
A simple menu, serving what it says in the name at good prices. A fun, informal, lively atmosphere, you feel encouraged to tuck and get your fingers into that pink lobster. The waiters in this particular branch are very friendly and engaging, they look like they are having a good time so you feel relaxed. I have visited twice and both times the lobster was overcooked and therefore a bit chewy / dry.
Perhaps not the nicest one but what is there not to like. Prices have definitely gone up since the early days but still well worth it. Menu has improved in my opinion.
Great staff service and even better food, I never quite understood why anyone would come here and order the burger, when you can have the lobster instead for the same price. Burgers are widely available as opposed to lobsters. Anyway I have had the lobster meal here a few times and its so nice. It's awesome sitting down and seeing everyone wearing a bib.